Community

MainAdmin

12th annual Bark & Compost Day being held on Saturday, May 13th

12th annual Bark & Compost Day being held on Saturday, May 13th

The Cornwall & District Horticultural Society (CDHS), in partnership with the City of Cornwall, will be hosting the 12th annual Bark & Compost Day at the Cornwall Landfill Site on Saturday, May 13th from 9 am to 1 pm. Wood mulch and compost will be sold pre-bagged or by the scoop. With the environment in […]

MainAdmin

Mary Jane Hill named Roy and Cher’s 2016 Cindy Ladouceur Memorial Volunteer of the Year

Mary Jane Hill named Roy and Cher’s 2016 Cindy Ladouceur Memorial Volunteer of the Year

BAINSVILLE, ON – In the spirit of National Volunteer Week, Roy and Cher’s Rescue Farm celebrated its volunteers at its annual volunteer appreciation event held April 30 at Nativity Lanes in Cornwall. Every year the charity recognizes its volunteers who went above and beyond for animals in 2016. This year Roy and Cher’s handed out […]

MainAdmin

#momstheword to benefit Maison Baldwin House

#momstheword to benefit Maison Baldwin House

CORNWALL, Ontario – More than a dozen downtown businesses are joining forces to help a local women’s shelter in the name of motherhood. The first annual #momstheword campaign officially kicked off Monday, May 1 at a media event at Pommier Square. #momstheword will take place Thursday, May 11 in downtown Cornwall. On that day participating […]

Julia Lucio

Agree to disagree : Me? At risk for heart disease?

Agree to disagree : Me?  At risk for heart disease?

When I was 11 years old, I was living with my mother. My parents had separated because of “irreconcilable differences” and I didn’t have much say as to where I was going to live. On January first of that same  year, in the middle of the night, the phone rang. I heard my mother speak […]

MainAdmin

Rotary Clubs Hold Paul Harris Recognition Evening

Rotary Clubs Hold Paul Harris Recognition Evening

On Monday, April 24, 2017, the Rotary Club of Cornwall Sunrise and the Rotary Club of Cornwall held their annual Paul Harris Dinner and Awards ceremony at which several individuals from Cornwall and area were recognized for their contributions to the community through community service and the support which they bring to the Rotary Clubs […]

1 20 21 22 23 24 39