Community

MainAdmin

Earning His Wings

Earning His Wings

This past summer will be one never forgotten by FSgt Brendan McDonald, who earned his Glider Pilot Wings through the Royal Canadian Air Cadet program. FSgt McDonald, a member with 325 Cornwall Kiwanis Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron, here in Cornwall, was one of serval selected across the country to receive a scholarship and training […]

MainAdmin

COGECO ANNOUNCES SEASON LAUNCH AND NEW BRANDING FOR LOCAL TELEVISION CHANNELS

COGECO ANNOUNCES SEASON LAUNCH AND NEW BRANDING FOR LOCAL TELEVISION CHANNELS

September 18, 2017 – Cogeco is pleased to announce the launch of the new season of local television on its community channel in Cornwall. Johanne Hinse, Vice President of Consumer Sales and Community Relations, stated “our local channels are an important part of what Cogeco puts back into the communities we serve. We value these […]

MainAdmin

Community Tree Planting Opportunity

Community Tree Planting Opportunity

Volunteers needed at Grays Creek for TD Tree Day Event Sept 17, 2017 Cornwall, ON (September 7, 2017) The Raisin Region Conservation Authority is proud to announce that we will once again be hosting TD Tree Days, in partnership with TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF) Sunday, September 17th between 9am and 12pm […]

MainAdmin

Have you got your smile cookies yet?

Have you got your smile cookies yet?

Seeker Chick Julia and Volunteer Terry Muir showed up at the Tim Hortons, Marleau Location, on Wednesday to help making smile cookies. And many cookies, they made! The campaign, which took place throughout the week and continues until September 17th, helps support local charities like hospitals, food banks and children’s programs in our communities. The […]

Mai-Liis Renaud

Wow – That was quite the Powwow!

Wow – That was quite the Powwow!

Cornwall Ontario – It was definitely a wonderful and very colourful event at the Akwesasne International Powwow this past weekend and I, Seeker Chick Mai-Liis, was very happy that I was able to attend. This being the very first Powwow that I have been to.  Not only was there traditional dancing, drumming and singing, with […]