Community

MainAdmin

#momstheword to benefit Maison Baldwin House

#momstheword to benefit Maison Baldwin House

CORNWALL, Ontario – More than a dozen downtown businesses are joining forces to help a local women’s shelter in the name of motherhood. The first annual #momstheword campaign officially kicked off Monday, May 1 at a media event at Pommier Square. #momstheword will take place Thursday, May 11 in downtown Cornwall. On that day participating […]

MainAdmin

Agree to disagree : Me? At risk for heart disease?

Agree to disagree : Me?  At risk for heart disease?

When I was 11 years old, I was living with my mother. My parents had separated because of “irreconcilable differences” and I didn’t have much say as to where I was going to live. On January first of that same  year, in the middle of the night, the phone rang. I heard my mother speak […]

MainAdmin

Rotary Clubs Hold Paul Harris Recognition Evening

Rotary Clubs Hold Paul Harris Recognition Evening

On Monday, April 24, 2017, the Rotary Club of Cornwall Sunrise and the Rotary Club of Cornwall held their annual Paul Harris Dinner and Awards ceremony at which several individuals from Cornwall and area were recognized for their contributions to the community through community service and the support which they bring to the Rotary Clubs […]

Jason Setnyk

CAPE: Episode III – Return of the Walking Dead – April 22nd and 23rd 2017

CAPE: Episode III – Return of the Walking Dead – April 22nd and 23rd 2017

Cornwall Ontario – The third annual Cornwall and Area Pop Event, also known as CAPE, returned to Cornwall this weekend. The two day event takes place on Saturday April 22nd and Sunday April 23rd at the Benson Centre. From cosplayers to gamers to pop culture enthusiast to family fun, this event has something for everything. […]

MainAdmin

Olymel Adding 80 Positions to Cornwall Plant

Olymel Adding 80 Positions to Cornwall Plant

By Bob Peters, ChooseCornwall.ca – Olymel is looking to fill 80 positions at its bacon and ham processing plant in Cornwall. “We continue to increase our production which also means we need more workers,” says Francois Bessette, Cornwall Plant Manager. Olymel is looking to hire 40 students in addition to 40 full-time general labourers. There are […]

1 4 5 6 7 8 22