Throughout the month of October, the Children’s Aid Society of SDG wants to colour SDG purple! #LetsGetPurple
Throughout October, the Children’s Aid Society of SDG and all their partners across the province will proudly proclaim their support and recognition of the rights of children and youth to safety and well-being.
It takes a community to support families and care for kids, and the Children’s Aid Society of SDG is turning to extended families and individuals who are part of a family’s community to help provide support when families are struggling.
If you are an extended family member, friend, neighbour or community member that knows a family who is facing challenges, the Children’s Aid Society of SDG is only a phone call away. Every call is evaluated individually before any action is taken. We believe that children do best when they are at home with their family. In only a small number of cases are children removed from a family, since our priority is always to give parents the support and services they need to create a safe home.
On Wednesday October 24, the Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies (OACAS), Children’s Aid Societies (CAS), boards of education, schools, EarlyOn, child care centres and community partners across the province will participate in Ontario Dress Purple Day. The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness about every child and youth’s right to safety and well-being and the responsibility of adults and community services to help children and youth who need support.
The campaign encourages members of the community to take part in events on behalf of the awareness campaign.
You can get involved no matter where you live in SDG by:
- Decorating your home or business purple and sending us a picture at the hashtag #LetsGetPurple
- Purchasing a Purple Pumpkin for $5.00 at Marlin Orchards from October 1st – 24th
- Participating in the Purple Cupcake Contest by enjoying and voting for the best cupcake in SDG on the Corus Entertainment website at https://1045freshradio.ca/contests/ and https://boom1019.com/contests/
- Cheering on the Colts in your purple shirts and toques at 7:30 p.m. on October 18th – tickets available the Civic Complex or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dressing purple on Dress Purple Day October 24th by purchasing your t-shirt at Baxtrom’s Your Independent Grocers in Cornwall for $10.00
Send us all your purple pictures (your home, your pumpkins, your cupcakes and yourselves) at #LetsGetPurple. Visit our website for more details at www.cassdg.ca.