“Art imitating life.” Such is the way to describe the local theater arts. St. Lawrence Secondary School and CCVS took part in the Eastern Ontario District Drama Festival this past Monday evening held at Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School. St. Lawrence’s Charlie Foster: a play about swimming and improvisation took home 12 out of 16 awards; 6 awards of merits and 6 awards of excellence, while CCVS took home 2 awards of merits and 2 awards of excellence.
“Charlie Foster really is about the meaning of friendship and reconciliation. Charlie Foster was a kid no one knew or cared about until he accidentally drowned in the river. The characters in the play try to remember, understand and question each other after his death. It’s a dramatic play while it has its comedic moments,”said Josh Welsh, local actor who plays the role of Jeff in Charlie Foster.
St. Lawrence and CCVS will both be advancing into the Eastern Ontario Regional Districts next Thursday night, April 18 at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School at 7:00 p.m. Along with St. Lawrence’s Charlie Foster and CCVS’s Zoo Story, there will be plays presented by Holy Trinity and other Cornwall-area schools. Admission is $5.
Award of merit for best acting:
– Kyla D’Amours (Charlie Foster)
– Kimberly Bray (Charlie Foster)
– Emma Douglass (Charlie Foster)
– Josh Welsh (Charlie Foster)
– Montana Adams (Tremulous)
– Kiran Hamshi (Tremulous)
– Andrew Reed (Zoo Story)
Award of excellence for best acting:
– Alex Merizzi (Charlie Foster)
– Sakthi Ganeshalingam (Charlie Foster)
– Christian Charbonneau (Charlie Foster)
– Megan Livingston (Charlie Foster)
– Edward Ross (Charlie Foster)
– Michael Chatelain (Zoo Story)
Award of excellence for Tech:
– Alex Lemoine, Jamie McEwen, Nicholas Williams (Charlie Foster)
Award of merit for director:
– Lindsay MacMillan-Rozon (Tremulous)
– Brittney Pregent (Tremulous)
Get notified of all our new news by ringing the bell at the bottom right corner!
The Seeker Newspaper is located at 327 Second Street E., Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y8 -- All rights reserved The Seeker does not accept responsibility for errors, misprints or inaccuracies published within. The opinions and statements of our columnists are not to be presumed as the statements and opinions of The Seeker, and should not substitute professional or medical advice.
ISSN 2562-1750 (Print) ISSN 2562-1769 (Online)