Cornwall.ca — Spring is finally here – lace up your shoes and get ready to move with the Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s On the Go 2013 challenge!
You’ll have a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to a sports equipment store, as well as a Green Food Box filled with nutritious fruits and vegetables every month for an entire year! There will be one winner for Cornwall and each of the five counties of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry Prescott and Russell, for a total of six prizes.
Register between April 15 and May 6, 2013 to participate in the 6-week challenge!
The challenge is easy. You’ll earn points as you become more physically active and increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must accumulate a minimum amount of points. Here’s how the point system works:
- Every time you do 10 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity, you will earn 1 point
- You will also obtain 1 point for every portion of fruits and vegetables you eat.
- Try to earn a maximum of 6 physical activity points per day, for a total of 252 points at the end of the challenge. And try earning 8 nutrition points per day, for a total of 336 points by the end.
In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must earn throughout the challenge:
- A minimum of 126 physical activity points (average of 3 points per day), and
- A minimum of 210 nutrition points (average of 5 points per day).
You must be 18 and over and live or work in the counties of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott, Russell, or the city of Cornwall to participate.
For more information on the challenge, click here.