You are solely responsible for the content you post. The Seeker is not responsible for the content included in the comments posted by its users. We do not and cannot review all user content posted on theseeker.ca. However, we have the right (but not the obligation) to review, screen, delete, edit and/or move any content posted on theseeker.ca.
We are using the Facebook commenting system, so you will be able to comment only if you have a facebook account.
To promote healthy discussions, comments are posted immediately, without being moderated in advance.
However, we reserve the right to disallow commenting on crime and court stories. Our editors will control which stories are open for comments and which are not.
Other users can flag your posts if they think you have crossed the line. If a comment is flagged, our editors will take a look and decide whether to keep it or remove it.
LTE (letters to the editors) are not typically published on their own online. Because LTEs normally are written in response to something already published and because we have an open comment policy, they can be posted under the articles, in the comment section. If they do not pertain to anything currently published, they can be sent in for consideration to email@example.com.
Our editors reserve the right at any time for any reason to edit or delete a post. We also reserve the right to block a user or remove him or her from our system entirely.
- Respect others
- No hateful, offensive, threatening, derogatory or defamatory posts please.
- Please do criticize our sotires. Please don’t attack the writer’s, or another employee’s, personal or professional integrity.
- Do not spam
- Do not harass, intimidate or personally attack another poster or an employee of theseeker.ca
- Please refrain from promoting other businesses or enterprises, post links to commercial, offensive, threatening, illegal or otherwise dangerous websites.
- Do not use the site to mine for data, or to insert spyware, viruses, Trojans, worms or any other form of malicious or damaging software.
In certain cases, we may also have to report a user to the appropriate authorities or commence legal action against him or her.
You retain copyright on your contributions but you give theseeker.ca full rights to publish, reprint, edit, or use your comments in whole or in part, in any way whatsoever. You also agree to indemnify theseeker.ca against liability claims as a result of something you’ve posted to the site. You agree that you will not pass other people’s work or comments off as your own, or otherwise copy anyone else’s words without proper credit and/or attribution.
To report abuse, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the story where the comment can be found and the name of the user. We will review the comment and moderate if needed.