Losing weight can be a daunting task for some people. It’s no wonder this is the first subject on so many people’s New Year’s Eve resolutions! The busy schedules, jam-packed gyms, appetizing meals, and friends who make your weight loss goals seem like an unfunded trip to the moon. The tiresome workouts can put you off and prevent you from exercising and attain your very intended fitness objectives. One thing to note is that being overweight or obese can be life-threatening and since you aren’t working out, the only option could be weight loss pills.
Again, you don’t want to go through some very invasive weight loss procedures such as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty or undergo a gastric bypass. Of course, there are safer and healthier ways to shed off those extra pounds. Most importantly and as always, consult with your physician because not everything out there is meant for everyone. In this piece, we’ll be shedding more light on the efficacy of weight loss pills.
The Working Mechanism Of Weight Loss Pills
The pharmaceutical market is flooded with weight loss pills. Therefore, you must take only the approved and certified brands. This means conducting extensive research and going through reviews such as has been prepared by the experts at BestHealth.org. This will help to provide you with the information you need about a handful of the best products on the shelves today. The best weight loss pills will be clinically tested and contain naturally sourced ingredients.
Additionally, for proper medication, consult a doctor who might prescribe these pills if your Body Mass Index is above 27 or you have other underlying complications such as cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, or blood pressure. To know about the effectiveness of weight loss pills, you’ll need to go through their working mechanism. The best weight loss pills work on these three fronts:
- They block the gastrointestinal tract from absorbing about 25% of your fat intake. Additionally, they inhibit the enzyme lipase from breaking down a certain amount of fat, which is later expelled from your body.
- They suppress your appetite by targeting certain brain neurotransmitters such as Serotonin into tricking the body to being full.
- Revitalizing and stimulating your body through the inclusion of certain stimulants such as Caffeine and Synephrine.
Pros And Cons Of Weight Loss Pills
Additionally, you don’t want to invest in just any weight loss pills without first analyzing not only its potency but also its benefits and its downsides.
- Weight loss pills contain energy boosters and stimulants to ensure that you have the energy you need all day long.
- They stimulate your metabolism to burn more fat and release energy. The stimulants therein burn through body fat and by this help in weight reduction. A recent study on Caffeine taking and weight loss uncovered the awesome role caffeine plays in the reduction of weight.
- They contain mood enhancers – Weight reduction can be an uphill task that can leave you drained and in a foul mood. Fortunately for you, the ingredients – mostly natural – in the weight loss pills can help to boost your moods.
- They help you lose weight – These pills are specially formulated and approved by various international bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Weight loss pills are specifically designed to help a person lose weight to lead a healthier lifestyle. However, it’s safe to say that they work well when integrated with a workout program.
- Weight loss pills promote lipogenesis – By this, it means that they do not only block the absorption of fats but also prevent the formation of new fat in your body.
- The diuretics in these pills help reduce the amount of water in your body which helps in the maintenance of optimum blood pressure.
- They contribute to your general well being – Losing the extra weight will leave your body energized, healthy, and free from overweight-related complications such as Diabetes, Cardiac disorders, and the list is endless.
- These pills can have severe side effects especially to people who react negatively with stimulants
- Not all drug approval bodies worldwide take note of these pills. Additionally, not all countries have a functioning and strict drug regulatory systems and parameters. This means ensuring that the imported weight loss pills are from countries that are strict on counterfeit products.
- They can lead to addiction and, especially if they are taken in unregulated or non-prescribed doses.
Various studies prove weight loss pills do work. However, experts stress that they shouldn’t be used to replace traditional weight shedding methods like dieting and exercising. For optimum results, supplement these pills with a well balanced and healthy diet. It will also not hurt as much if you engage in regular exercises such as jogging or swimming. You may also consider investing in a treadmill if you are not an outdoor type of person.