Web hosting is used for different purposes. Some use it to create their business page, other use it to personally publish their own blogs. Whether for business or individual use, choosing the right web hosting service for you is important. Here are some of the factors you need to consider before diving into a specific web hosting service.
What will you use the Web Host for?
First and foremost, identify why you need a web hosting server. Consider the kind of website you want to make. Would it be used to advertise the products and services of your online business? Would it be used as a blog and generate useful information? Would it be used as a landing page for affiliate marketing? What is your goal in terms of traffic volume? To answer these questions, it will help to compare different hosting servers listed below:
- Shared Hosting – This is the basic hosting server that is recommended for beginners and individual website owners such as bloggers. This is also the most cost-effective form of hosting server. However, it costs relatively less because it means that the server resources are shared by several users, hence it is referred to as shared hosting.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting – This is similar to shared hosting because a single physical server is shared, but the server resources are independent for different users.
- Cloud Hosting – This hosting service is a collation of several smaller servers integrated together. This is recommended for large-scale businesses with a significant traffic volume.
- The hosting packages available for cloud hosting are tailored to meet the demands of these large-scale businesses. They provide flexible resources and scalability, allowing businesses to efficiently manage their high traffic volume while ensuring reliable performance.
- Dedicated Hosting – This is relatively the most expensive hosting service simply because it entails the need to maintain your own physical server all for the utilization of your website. It can handle a huge amount of traffic without slowing your website down.
The type of hosting server is only the first point in comparing different options in terms of selecting the service that is appropriate for you. For that reason, MangoMatter came up with a system to compare and analyze web hosting services, that not only considers the type of hosting server, but also other factors such as pricing, support, speed, and ease of use, to name a few. Apart from the considerations mentioned above, also factor in the number of add on domains, as well as the sign up and renewal prices. Keep in mind that sign up prices are usually lower than the renewal prices. Check and compare also the refund policies and trial period offered between different web hosting servers to ensure that you are getting the best deal.
There are a lot of factors to consider and compare in choosing the right web hosting server for your website. But being able to identify the main purpose of your website will lead you to the most appropriate web hosting server. Nonetheless, compare different hosting servers based on the functionality you want to deliver, based on the price you are willing to pay, and based on the features you want to obtain, and for sure, you will be able to land the web hosting server fit for your needs.