Numerous countries worldwide are switching to new energy-generating technologies that don’t pollute nature when operating. Furthermore, more and more people across the world employ power-efficient appliances. In Canada, light-emitting diode luminaries are becoming increasingly popular as a part of such trends.
Experts say that 12V LED strip lights are in especially great demand among Canadian customers today. However, only few consumers are aware of the proper installation of such lighting. That’s why specialists developed some recommendations on this topic. So, let’s dive deeper into these pieces of advice.
What to Consider When Choosing 12V LED Strip Lights
First, you should find a trustworthy platform (like ledmontreal.com) to pick a luminary. Such sites typically have all the necessary certificates and offer customers tape lamps with official warranties. And cooperating with doubtful companies, you may get a low-quality luminary at a high price.
What 12V LED Strip Lights Are Suitable for Indoor Installation?
This depends on the usage purpose of such luminaries. Experts note the following most widespread applications of the described tape lamps:
- replacing classic lightbulb illumination – here, you should pick strips with a high CRI (80-90);
- decorative furniture lighting – it’s better to employ tapes with a luminosity of 57-1725 lm/m in this case;
- restaurant hall illumination – for such a purpose, you should choose luminaries with a CCT of 1,800-2,700K;
- showcase illumination – here, it’s recommended to use strips of various shades to make goods appear even more attractive.
Occasionally, the described tape lighting is also used at hospitals. That’s especially true for low-budget medical facilities.
What 12V LED Strip Lights Are Better to Buy for Outdoor Installation?
Here, you need to buy tape lamps with protection against dust and moisture. Luminaries marked starting with IP6 don’t let fine particles get inside. As to water-tightness, you should know the following things:
- IP65 – such stripes are protected against water spray;
- IP67 – these tape lamps can be in the water at a depth of one metre for 30 minutes;
- IP68 – you may use such luminaries in the water at a depth of 1.5 m for 30 min.
Specialists recommend employing IP67-68 LED lighting outdoors. Such tape lamps are sure to withstand many heavy showers of rain.
Profiles for 12V LED Strip Lights
You can find about 15 different aluminum shells for the mentioned luminaries. The most widespread are the following profiles:
- recessed and surface-mounted U-shaped ones;
- suspended as well as circular ring elements;
- flexible profiles (for curved surfaces);
- floor, wall, and stair elements.
There are also waterproof shells for strip lights for installation outside. Furthermore, you may buy mini-profiles. Such elements suit ultra-slim tape lighting.
Installation of 12V LED strip lights is a process having plenty of specific peculiarities. Initially, you should buy tape lighting from a reputable company. It’s necessary to consider the protection level of strip lamps when choosing a suitable strip. Next, you have to pick an appropriate aluminum profile to put lights there. Numerous profiles are in the market nowadays. To discover their features, experts recommend viewing thematic catalogues (e.g., at the LED Montreal official website).