Cornwall Ontario — The Cornwall & Area Chamber of Commerce hosted its 26th Annual Business Excellence Awards on February 22nd 2014 at the Civic Complex. Dan Allaire and Sue Stewart from Corus Entertainment were the MC’s of the event that honoured business excellence in our community.
The night began with a moment of silence for Bob Peter’s father who recently passed away. Bob Peters is the Senior Development Officer at City of Cornwall and a former recipient of Citizen of the Year.
Here are the 2014 Award recipients:
- Entrepreneur of year was awarded to Vitaglow Medical Aesthetics’s Candace Zimmer.
- The Ambassador award was given to boxer Tony Luis.
- The Above and Beyond was presented to the Cornwall Medical Physician Recruitment Team.
- The Breakthrough Award goes to the St. Lawrence College ‘Difference That We Make’ Campaign.
- The Small Business of the Year was awarded to Truffles Burger Bar and Table 21.
- The 2014 Business of the Year goes to Contact Centre Atelka.
- The Economic Impact Award was presented to Olymel.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Mr. Rick Eamon.
- The 2013 Cornwall Citizen of the Year is Denise Samson.
Congratulations to all the businesses and people honoured tonight.
*This article was last updated at 9:31pm on February 22nd 2014.