Incumbent MPP Jim McDonell received 50.2% of the popular vote. The other four candidates combined for 49.8% of the vote. Jim McDonell finished 10,170 votes ahead of second place John Earle.
Elaine MacDonald who many pundits thought was going to finish in second, actually received less total votes versus 2011, but her percentage of the popular vote did increase slightly.
Green Candidate Sharon Norman who was not at the debates and did not have any signs up in this riding finished with over a thousand votes, about twice as many as the Libertarian candidate Shawn McRae.
Despite scandals and wasted tax dollars, The Ontario Liberals finished with a majority government and Kathleen Wynee becomes the first elected female Premier of Ontario.
The first new job opening in the Million Jobs plan is Tim Hudak’s job as leader of Ontario’s Progressive Conservatives. Only 999,999 more jobs to create Tim! The PCs reckless policies cost them quite a few seats and turned off many Ontario voters.
The NDP finished with small gains, with a slight increase of the popular vote, versus the 2011 election.
Get notified of all our new news by ringing the bell at the bottom right corner!
The Seeker Newspaper is located at 327 Second Street E., Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y8 -- All rights reserved The Seeker does not accept responsibility for errors, misprints or inaccuracies published within. The opinions and statements of our columnists are not to be presumed as the statements and opinions of The Seeker, and should not substitute professional or medical advice.
ISSN 2562-1750 (Print) ISSN 2562-1769 (Online)