Cornwall Ontario — In the month of September The Seeker saw a bump in traffic largely due to our coverage of the Municipal Election, our expanded door to door delivery, and the availability of our newspaper in the counties of SDSG.
We have been averaging 1600 unique visitors a days and over 90% of our traffic is from Cornwall and SDSG.
In the month of September we published 134 articles, about a quarter of which focused on the upcoming Municipal Elections.
Our page postings have also been reaching over 10,000 people each and every week on Facebook.
The Seeker also ranks #1 again on Alexa among Cornwall media. Alexa is a a subsidiary company of Amazon.com which provides commercial web traffic data.
UPDATE: Here are the rankings of Cornwall’s top media websites based on their Canadian Alexa ranking (Oct 3rd 2014):
1. theseeker.ca – 1,821
2. cornwallfreenews.com – 2,416
3. standard-freeholder.com – 5,203
4. ourhometown.ca – 9,389
5. cornwallseawaynews.com – 9,519
6. tvcogeco.com – 15,962
7. editionap.ca – No Canadian Ranking
8. cornwallnewswatch.com – No Canadian Ranking
9. sportsenergynews.com – No Canadian Ranking
10. knowcornwall.ca – No Canadian Ranking