Canadians are invited to have their cupcakes and eat them too – all in support of animals in need. Celebrate the third annual National Cupcake Day™, taking place Monday, February 23rd, to benefit Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCAs) and Humane Societies across Canada. Originally launched by the RSPCA in Australia, New South Wales, National Cupcake Day™ began in Canada in 2013, and the initiative has since grown across the country year after year. This year’s program is sponsored by Pets Plus Us®, Agency59, BMO®, Hill’s® Science Diet® and Reynolds® Staybrite®.
National Cupcake Day™ is the first-ever collaborative fundraising effort supporting animal welfare societies across Canada. Showing your support has never been easier or tastier! Get involved by signing up online now at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca. Then, plan a cupcake party at work, home or school; get creative in the kitchen; and share, eat and enjoy your baked creations while collecting donations to prevent cruelty to animals. All proceeds will support furry friends, big and small, who have been abused, abandoned or are in need of help.
Cupcakes by Anna Olson
Anna Olson, Celebrity Chef and host of Food Network Canada’s Bake with Anna Olson, is joining the party as a Cupcake Crusader. A long-time supporter of animals and the SPCA, Olson has created a new and delicious cupcake recipe for National Cupcake Day to inspire Canadians to start baking. Her Lemon Coconut Cupcake recipe can be found at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca.
“National Cupcake Day™ celebrates three of my favourite things: baking a homemade batch of cupcakes, supporting animals and indulging in delicious sweets,” says Olson. “It’s simply too good to miss! That’s why I’m so thrilled to be a part of National Cupcake Day™.”
Delicious Donations for Our Friends with Tails!
Everyone is encouraged to become a National Cupcake Day™ Host and join an incredible group of pet-loving supporters who understand the importance of companion animals in our lives. Here’s how to get involved:
1. Register for FREE at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca
2. You will receive a FREE Cupcake Host Welcome Package in the mail, which includes a poster, sticker, balloons, fundraising guide and recipes to get you started
3. Personalize your National Cupcake Day™ Online Bakery page and send it out to everyone you know
4. Encourage friends and family to support you by donating online
5. Plan your National Cupcake Day™ Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes
6. Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCAs and Humane Societies
7. Collect and forward funds to SPCAs and Humane Societies in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca for a list of who’s participating)
National Cupcake Day™ will help shelters across Canada give a surrendered animal a new forever home; rescue a neglected or abused animal and give it a second chance at a new life; and provide emergency surgery to injured animals.
“National Cupcake Day™ is celebrating its third year and it’s incredible to see how Canadians have been baking up a storm to show their support for animals in need,” says Alison Cross, Director, Marketing and Communications for Ontario SPCA, Provincial Office. “We invite all Canadians, be they animal lovers, bakers, or simply cupcake lovers to get involved in this very sweet cause and participate in National Cupcake Day™.”