By- Jenni MacDonald
Credit to online blog of Geoff Lee DLC GLM Mortgage Group based in Vancouver, BC for this article
1. Saves You Time – Mortgage Brokers have access to multiple lenders. They work with lenders you have heard of and some you probably haven’t. Mortgage Brokers already know most of the products that are out there to choose from so you don’t have to research them yourself.
2. Saves You Money – Mortgage Brokers, if they are successful, have access to discounted rates. Because of a Broker’s high volume, lenders often offer discounted rates that are not available directly through the branch.
3. Reduces Your Stress – A Mortgage Broker takes on the stress for you by making sure all the paperwork is in place and keeping good communication with you (often even late nights and weekends!) so that there are no surprises.
4. Gives You Access To New Lenders– Some lenders work exclusively with Mortgage Brokers.
5. Services Are Free and Your Opinion Matters– Mortgage Brokers are paid by the lender and not by you. If you, as a client, are happy, you will tell your friends about the service. Mortgage Brokers rely on referrals to succeed in their business so your opinion of their service will always matter.
6. Consider All Situations – As Mortgage Brokers, we see every scenario out there. Damaged credit, low household income, low net worth might be a deterrent for the bank, but a Mortgage Broker knows lenders that consider all types of unique situations. A plan and strategy are usually suggested to make sure there is a mortgage option available in the future.
7. The Mortgage Brokerage Industry Is Monitored By Governing Bodies –Mortgage Brokers are mandated to ensure they have principles and values that are based on the best interest of the client. Mandated courses and documentation are required to obtain and maintain a license to sell mortgages.
8. Mortgage Brokers Have A Thorough Knowledge About Mortgages – Interestingly, a Mortgage Broker has to be licensed and cannot discuss mortgages with you unless they are licensed. This is unlike the bank who can “internally train” their staff to sell the specific products available from their bank. The staff at your bank do not have to be licensed Mortgage Brokers.
Jenni MacDonald ( www.jmacdonald.ca ) has been a Mortgage Broker with Dominion Lending Centres for over 5 years and has many years of experience in the banking world. She works with over 40 lenders including banks, credit unions, and private lenders to find the best mortgage for each client. You can contact her by phone or text at 613-551-0639 or via email at email@example.com