Do you remember my column I wrote last summer about my dear and old friend Judy’s 4 ingredient brownies. I got the recipe when I was attending a baby shower for her sweet daughter Janice who was expecting for November. Last week, I got to see and hold and snuggle Janice’s darling wee son Finn. He is a jolly, chubby little fellow. His grandparents Ken and Judy just glow with happiness as they watch and play and cuddle him. Judy made lunch for me and her Aunt Dorothy who was also visiting to see Janice and Finn. For dessert, Judy gave us a bowl of her Sunshine Cake topped with some whipped cream. It was so yummy, of course, I had to get the recipe! You just layer everything and bake it. Simple as that. I took some pictures of Finn and his Mom and Grandma. It has been a long time since I got to hold a wee baby. I had a great time! Thanks Judy for always having a wonderful recipe to share with us and being such a good friend! Have a great week!
- 1- 19oz. can of crushed pineapple (use the juice and pineapple)
- 1 can or our bulk 2 cup container of blueberry, cherry or raspberry pie filling ( I used blueberry)
- 1 pkg. of golden or white cake mix (dry, as is)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup of Angel flake coconut ( I used 2 large handfuls of coconut, probably 1- 1/4 cups of coconut)
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In order: – Pour the can of crushed pineapple into the baking pan.
Spread it out evenly.
- Next, spoon the pie filling over the crushed pineapple. Try to gently
spread it over to cover the pineapple with it.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the blueberry pie filling.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it over top of the dry cake mix.
- Lastly, sprinkle the coconut over the melted butter.