Marrow & Spice – voted Cornwall’s Best New Business in 2016 – is going strong and working hard to keep it FRESH and healthy!
This Saturday, November 19th Marrow & Spice will host an indoor Christmas Market featuring many of Marrow & Spice’s local farmer & producer partners, recipes and demonstrations from Culinary Expert, Roger Caron, and treats from the Marrow & Spice kitchen.
By now you know that Marrow & Spice is a locally owned business, offering locally-supplied good food that is good for you, but there are some great new things at the store that you may not know about:
• They are the only supplier of locally grown, free-range, drug-free meats including grass-fed beef, pastured pork and free-range chicken!
• All of their produce is sourced as locally as possible – they can introduce you to their producers, have been to their farms or shops, and can tell you the story behind each item!
• They also offer other items that cannot be sourced locally but are healthy and ethically produced!
• They offer gluten-free baking items and kits that you can take home to bake yourself!
• They are sympathetic to dietary sensitivities offering healthy alternatives including lactose-free cheese and yoghurt!
• They offer the best West-Indian cooking for lunch and dinner – with fans from Ottawa and Montreal!
• They now offer take-home entrees for specialized dietary needs!
On November 19th head inside to find healthy & tasty gifts for the gourmand on your list. Looking for an exciting recipe to serve your guests over the holidays? Marrow & Spice has ingredients and recipes that will be sure to put a sparkle on your holiday menu. Find out that you have to exclude or include a special ingredient in your new diet? Talk to Roger or Mike – they can offer suggestions, alternatives and recipes.
Browse Marrow & Spice’s selection of stocking stuffers, or sample beeswax-based health and beauty products. Pre-order regular or Gluten-Free baked goods for Christmas, or order a chicken, smoked ham, beef, or pork roast for your holiday table.
So many healthy choices – so many tasty offerings! When you shop at Marrow & Spice, not only do you support local businesses and producers, but you also help reduce your own carbon footprint – your food does not travel far before getting to your family’s table. Go to Marrow & Spice to plan your local and healthy holiday meals.
Get notified of all our new news by ringing the bell at the bottom right corner!
The Seeker Newspaper is located at 327 Second Street E., Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y8 -- All rights reserved The Seeker does not accept responsibility for errors, misprints or inaccuracies published within. The opinions and statements of our columnists are not to be presumed as the statements and opinions of The Seeker, and should not substitute professional or medical advice.
ISSN 2562-1750 (Print) ISSN 2562-1769 (Online)