By Dana McLean
ChooseCornwall.ca – Captain George’s has opened its second location, joing other food merchants at the food court in Cornwall Square.
“Cornwall Square has secured itself one GREAT catch!,” says Karen Burns, Retail Manager with Cornwall Square. “We invite local residents to come down and enjoy some of your favorite battered fish and fresh cut fries plus, much much more.”
Mr. Surinder Gill opened the first Captain George’s Fish & Chips location 2 years ago on Second Street in Riverdale. He identified Cornwall as a new market when he noticed that customers were driving from Cornwall to eat at his Brockville location.
Captain George’s Fish & Chips now has over 30 locations across Ontario.
The company was founded by George Lazakis who opened his first restaurant in 1975 in Toronto. He moved to Whitby in 1989 and opened up a restaurant under the name Blue Sea. The first Captain George’s was opened in Oshawa in the 1990s, and the number of restaurants has grown steadily since.
Captain George’s specializes in authentic english style fish & chips, including halibut, cod, haddock and whitefish.
The restaurant also offers a wide variety of freshly prepared items such as burgers, wraps, soups and salads.
Get notified of all our new news by ringing the bell at the bottom right corner!
The Seeker Newspaper is located at 327 Second Street E., Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y8 -- All rights reserved The Seeker does not accept responsibility for errors, misprints or inaccuracies published within. The opinions and statements of our columnists are not to be presumed as the statements and opinions of The Seeker, and should not substitute professional or medical advice.
ISSN 2562-1750 (Print) ISSN 2562-1769 (Online)