Happy Family Day from City of Cornwall Council and staff!
On Monday, February 17, municipal offices will be closed.
Garbage and recycling collection will be delayed by a day. If your collection is typically on a Monday, it will be on Tuesday this week, and so on and so forth. The landfill is closed on February 17. Click here for the waste calendar.
Cornwall Transit will not be operating on Family Day, and Transit offices are closed.
The Civic Complex will be open for walkers and joggers from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (except during the Colts game). On February 17, the Cornwall Colts take on the Kanata Lasers in the Ed Lumley Arena at 2 p.m.
- Big Ben Ski Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., weather permitting. Skiers and snowboarders of all ages can benefit from discounted tickets – just $5 on Family Day!
- Weather-permitting, residents are encouraged to enjoy outdoor rinks throughout the City (click here for rink locations).
- Guindon Park’s cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are always free to use (click here for trail map).
The Aquatic Centre will be open for a leisure swim from 2 p.m. to 3:25 p.m. (Swim fees range from $4.85 for adults to $4.02 for accessibility.) The Kinsmen Club of Cornwall is also sponsoring a swim from 1 p.m. to 1:55 p.m. Swimming lessons are cancelled. Office hours are from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Benson Centre will be open – the schedule is as follows (click here for full details):
- Senior Skating: 9:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. (free)
- Walking/jogging in Fieldhouse (free)
- Family Stick and Puck: 11:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. ($5/person)
The Cornwall Public Library will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The following special events will be taking place (click here for full details):
- 10 a.m.: Toddler Adventures
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Family Day – Let’s do it Together (Visit our StoryWalk and finish at a crafting station where the whole family can make their very own picture book. A StoryWalk is a book made from signs placed in sequence that families will be able to read together. We also have other activities such as board games and legos available throughout the day.)
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Lego Builders
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Magic the Gathering Club