You’re invited to help YourTV recognize young community champions who contribute to the life and spirit of their school community or neighbourhood.
- You may nominate one student in each category and grade level
- Students must be enrolled at schools under jurisdiction of the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario and the Upper Canada District School Board, Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario, Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l’Est ontarien
in Cornwall, South Stormont, and South Glengarry.
- Include a nomination statement that summarizes in 275 words or less the nominee’s significant contributions or achievements in the award category selected.
During this COVID-19 pandemic candidates may have demonstrated innovation, resourcefulness, determination, and perseverance.
Caring Is Cool – Nominees will have performed a service or act of kindness, acts of heroism, support or encouragement of a friend, family, neighbour, or stranger with no personal gain for themselves. This could be ongoing or a onetime service to an individual, group or community.
At My Best – Nominees will have achieved a level of performance beyond what might have been expected. Achieving a top performance overall or performance to the best of their ability. This can be in any area including school, athletics, music, art, writing, and drama.
Difference Maker – Nominees will have demonstrated leadership in making a difference in their school, community and/or world community. They have demonstrated good ambassadorship in a l leadership position OR or as a team member within a peer group with goals to improve the community and society at large. Recommendations can include a leadership role and awareness in the following areas:
- ENVIRONMENTAL (addressing environmental issues, pollution, carbon footprint awareness)
- INCLUSIVITY (supporting disabilities of all kinds, creating inclusive environments – ex: mental and physical health, LGBQT, Reconciliation, Black Lifes Lives Matter, all other races and religions etc.)
- SUPPORTING A CAUSE (Bullying, Racism, Homelessness)
- SOCIAL ISSUES
• A Selection Committee consisting of community leaders will review each nomination and select the recipients.
• All decisions made by the Selection Committee are final.
• Submissions will not be accepted after the nomination deadline.
• Information gathered through the nomination process will be used to: develop a profile of each nominee, celebrate the nominees, and promote the event.
• Recipients and their nominators will be notified in writing and invited to attend the televised awards ceremony on Saturday, May 29TH, 2021 at Lamoureux Park – Lions Club Bandshell. Rain Date: Saturday June 5TH.
• Nominators, nominees and their families will receive complimentary tickets to attend a pre-show reception (according to restrictions in place at the time of the event).
Visit the nomination site at https://optimistclubofcornwall.org/youth-achievement-awards/
Nomination deadline is May 9 at 5 p.m.