Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5079
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLrXAqPdPk
City Council received a presentation from MP Eric Duncan, discussed the possibility of two volleyball courts at Lamoureux Park, approved the Rainbow Crosswalk and Mural at the Clocktower in celebration of Pride Week.
Presentation – Update from MP Eric Duncan
· MP, Eric Duncan, gave a presentation to Council regarding how he represents the area in Parliament.
· He commented on the work currently being done locally on the Portlands, concerns regarding the new high-frequency rail project with VIA Rail, support for the 988 National Suicide Hotline, the issue of available, affordable housing, and the timeliness of federal infrastructure funding.
Council approved the following under Consent:
· Proclamation – Longest Day of SMILES
· May PAC 134 Montreal Rd and 180-182 Ninth Street East
· PAC Report 1 – Application from the Weaving Baskets Group Inc. to rezone lands located at 1335 Reneal Street from Residential 20 to Residential 30 with Exceptions
· St. Michel Domaine Subdivision – Lot 14, Plan 52M-33 – Part Lot Control Exemption
· Tender 21-T12 Traffic Control Signals and Electrical Works at the intersection of Second Street and McConnell Avenue for $255,532.55
· Tender 21-T15 Reconstruction of Sydney Street from Fifth Street to Seventh Street and Traffic Signal Improvements at the Intersection of Sydney Street & Seventh Street for $2,004,513.89
· RFP 21-P04 2021 Asset Management Plan Update
Lamoureux Park Beach Volleyball Courts
· Council approved to receive the report.
· The estimated cost to construct two beach volleyball courts is $63,457 in Lamoureux Park. After discussion, Councillor Hollingsworth put forth a motion to move forward with the proposed plan to place the courts in Lamoureux Park. However, the motion was defeated due to the location not being ideal and the cost being unbudgeted.
Rainbow Crosswalks in Celebration of Pride Week
· Council approved to implement a Rainbow Crosswalk and to direct Administration to return to Council at the next regular meeting with some recommendations on cost, location, and a possible timeline for completion.
· Additionally, and implement a mural on the Clocktower to celebrate Pride Week, which will be developed in partnership with Diversity Cornwall.
Cornwall Regional Airport
· The Cornwall Regional Airport’s original request for $130,526 was missed at the 2021 Budget deliberations. Council approved at budget time to transfer only $103,049 to the Cornwall Regional Airport and voted against providing the additional $27,477.
Municipal Works Yard Redevelopment Quarterly Report
· Council approved to receive the report.
Purchase of Transit Buses Through the Transit Procurement Initiative
· Council approved to purchase two conventional buses from Nova Bus through the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative process for $1,353,870.
Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West
· Council approved to direct Administration to prepare a detailed report on the intersection to identify issues, provide historical collision records, warrant analysis, and staff recommendation for the intersection.
Temporary Road Closures on weekends during the summer months
· Council approved to direct Administration to report back to Council at the next meeting on the feasibility of closing the street to vehicle traffic on the blocks between Second Street and Water Street on July 01st – 04th 2021.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
· By-law 2021-063 Agreement with TIA Rehabilitation Group for Physiotherapy Services at the Glen Stor Dun Lodge
· By-law 2021-064 Borrowing of Funds to Finance Capital Works
· By-law 2021-065 HOTC 1 Second Street East Program 1
· By-law 2021-066 HOTC 134 Montreal Road and 180-182 Ninth Street East Program 2
· By-law 2021-067 Site Specific Heart of the City Community Improvement Plan Program Incentive Amendment
· By-law 2021-068 Subdivision Agreement and/or Service Extension Agreement Marguerite D’Youville Development – Phase 1
· By-law 2021-069 Subdivision Agreement for the Baldwin Avenue Subdivision, 2021-53-Infrastructure and Municipal Works
· By-law 2021-070 Subdivision Agreement of the Belfort Estates Subdivision – Phase 2, 2021-49-Infrastructure and Municipal Works
· By-law 2021-071 Amendment to Zoning By-law #751-1969 to Rezone 1335 Reneal Street from Residential 20 to Residential 30 with Exceptions
· By-law 2021-072 St. Michel Domaine Subdivision – Part Lot Control Exemption, Lot 14, Plan 52M-33
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, June 28, 2021.
Prepared By: Shannon Tierney Executive Assistant Cornwall And Area Chamber of Commerce [email protected]