The Cornwall Downtown Business Improvement Area and City of Cornwall are temporarily and periodically closing Pitt Street to vehicles. The closure is in effect from Second Street to 58 Pitt Street on the dates below:
- July 1 from 11 a.m. to July 4 at 8 p.m.
- July 9 at 4 p.m. to July 11 at 8 p.m.
- July 16 at 4 p.m. to July 18 at 8 p.m.
- July 23 at 4 p.m. to July 25 at 8 p.m.
- July 30 at 4 p.m. to August 1 at 8 p.m.
- August 6 at 4 p.m. to August 8 at 8 p.m.
- August 13 at 4 p.m. to August 15 at 8 p.m.
- August 20 at 4 p.m. to August 22 at 8 p.m.
- August 27 at 4 p.m. to August 29 at 8 p.m.
- September 3 at 4 p.m. to September 5 at 8 p.m.
“Our main street businesses add so much to the make up of Cornwall and City Council wants to support our business community as much as possible,” said Acting Mayor Todd Bennett. “We hope residents and visitors take advantage of this new initiative to explore our great Downtown shops and restaurants in a safe and enjoyable new way.”
Street closure barriers will be movable in case emergency vehicles require urgent access.
Cornwall Transit’s Montreal Road route and Riverdale routes will be detoured. The detour will take buses from Pitt and Second to:
- East on Second Street
- North on Sydney Street
- West on Third Street
- South on Augustus Street
- East on Water Street (Montreal Road Route)
- West on Water Street (Riverdale Route)
- And regular route
Questions or concerns about the closure? Please let us know.