Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5466
Re-watch the meeting: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/Players/ISIStandAlonePlayer.aspx?ClientId=cornwall&FileName=live
City Council received a declaration of oath from new Councilor Denis Carr, received a presentation from St. Lawrence College, and received a report from Economic Development.
Presentation – St. Lawrence College
· Glen Vollebregt, President and CEO, presented an update to Council on future programming, space requirements and potential leasing of space to the City.
· St. Lawrence College reported 100+ full programs, over 100,000 graduates in 54 years, employees over 1,200 people, and have 1,500+ international students.
· The College is starting a Global Engagement program that will encourage student employment with sectors in Cornwall suffering from labour shortages.
· Council approved to request Administration to prepare a report on the Aultsville Theatre.
Council approved the following under Consent Reports
· Proclamation – Rail Safety Week
· CPPEG Augstus 116 Pitt 134 Montreal 146B Chevrier
· Request for Removal of Part Lot Control from Falcon Home Construction Inc. on Lot 6, od registered Plan 52M-33 – Eastridge Subdivision
· Purchase of Handi-Transit Bus Through the Transit Procurement Initiative
· Tender 21-T24 Sludge Collector System Replacement
· RFP Terms of Reference for Radio Communication Consulting Services
Economic Development – Activity Report
· Council approved to receive the report.
Proclamation – National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
· Administration confirmed that an orange flag would be raised to recognize the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation. They will also encourage the community to wear an orange shirt.
Rights of Indigenous Peoples
· The City of Cornwall adopted the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in recognition of the Truth and Reconciliation document and the 94 calls to action.
· Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canda: Calls to Action:
Council approved the following By-Laws:
· By-law 2021-096 Appoint Members of Council to Boards, Committee and Commissions (Lay Appointments Committee, Senior Friendly Community Committee
· By-law 2021-097 Amendment to By-law 2018-148 – Appointment of Acting Mayors 2018-2022
· By-law 2021-098 Renewal of Lease Agreement -Winchester Satellite Office
· By-law 2021-099 HOTC 134 Montreal Road and 146B Chevrier Program 2
· By-law 2021-100 Voluntary Dissolution of Cornwall and Area Housing Corporation
· By-law 2021-101 Removal of Part Lot Control on Lot 6, Plan 52M53, Eastridge Subdivision
· By-law 2021-102 Contribution Agreement – Canada Community Revitalization Fund
· By-law 2021-103 Transfer for a Road Widening on Power Dam Drive
· By-law 2021-104 Repeal and replace By-law 2019-077 to Impose Late Payment Charges for Non-payment of Taxes
· By-law 2021-94 Lease Agreement with the Cornwall Colts Hockey Club
· By-law 2021-105 Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of Land in the Cornwall Business Park
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, September 27, 2021.
Prepared By: Shannon Tierney Executive Assistant Cornwall And Area Chamber of Commerce [email protected]