St. Lawrence College (SLC) is positioned to proceed with its plans for the start of winter term considering yesterday’s provincial government announcement regarding temporary provincial restrictions and closures.
The College had previously scaled back planned activity on its campuses and details of those plans can be found here. The provincial announcement means that:
· On-campus labs or workshops planned to be in person will still be delivered in person
· Campus food services will be available when classes resume, operating at reduced hours
· Campus services remain accessible; however, some will be virtual/remote until the end of the month – a list of services for students can be found here
Minor changes to campus operations include:
· Gym and work-out areas for public use on campus are closed until the province says they can re-open
· Cafeteria spaces will have seating reduced to align with provincial directives regarding food establishments
The College remains closed to general public access, with only SLC students and employees required to be on campus accessing the buildings until further notice.
“We’re asking everyone in our community for continued patience and respect during this time, as our teams will be working to adjust while making sure student needs are supported,” said Glenn Vollebregt, SLC President and CEO. “We have been helping our students succeed in spite of ever-changing circumstances for close to two years now, and our vaccination policy means anyone coming to campus has been fully vaccinated, adding a further measure of protection. For January, we want to ensure we all do our part to reduce strain on community healthcare resources.”