Applications are now being accepted for summer student employment positions with the City of Cornwall during the Summer of 2013.
To be eligible for summer employment, you must be returning to school full-time in the Fall and be registered for student employment at the Job ZONE d’emploi office located at 144 Pitt Street in Cornwall.
You may register on-line for Job ZONE by visiting their website at www.jobzonedemploi.ca. Once in their website, you will see the link “Are you a Student.” Click on the link and further instructions will follow. Your Registration Number from Job ZONE must appear on page 1 of the City Summer Student Application form.
Applications must be returned to Human Resources by Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 4 pm. Late applications will not be accepted. Recruitment proceedings for approved positions will commence in March 2013. A general lottery for new students will be held on Monday, March 11, 2013.
All positions are dependent upon City Budget approval. Some areas where students have been hired in past summers include:
- Department of Planning, Parks & Recreation (Aquatics – Lifeguard, Aquatics – Supervisor, Aquatics – Assistant Supervisor, Aquatic Event Leader, Summer Playground Program – Park Leader, Bandshell-Special Events Assistant, Facility Maintenance, Pool Cleaners, Ball Field Attendant, General Maintenance, Rink Attendants (Summer Term), Jr. Weed Inspector, Animal Control & Parking Bylaw
Enforcement Officer, General Bylaw Inspector, Building & Permits Inspector, Planning Student)
- Infrastructure & Municipal Works (Surveying, Inspections, Right-of-Way Control, Traffic Counting, Geographic Information
System Assistant; Wastewater Plant Grounds Keeper/Cleaning & Painting, Water/Sewer surveying, data entry, and working with contractors)
- Finance (Accounting/Tax Department, I.T. Services)
- Emergency Medical Services (Clerical – 3 positions)
- Social Support Services (Filing / Shredding)
- Richelieu Day Care (2 teacher positions). Some ECE preferred;
- Glen-Stor-Dun Lodge (Nursing, Dietary, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Recreologist)
- Economic Development (Research/Writer)