The festival, a family event, will have something for everyone. This event takes place at The Army, Navy, Air Force Club (14 rue Marlborough Street in Cornwall). Here is the schedule for the 2013 event:
Vendredi 15 mars 2013
- 11:00 – Ouverture de la Cabane à sucre
- 11:15 – Frizotine la coquine Spectacle pour enfants
- 12:15 – Maquillage de visage et ballons
- 13:15 – Bouncing Beans
- 14:15 – Artisanat
- 15:15 – Karokee
- 16:15 – 19 h : Souper de Cabane à sucre (7,00$ – gratuit pour les enfants de moins de 5 ans)
- 19:00 – Le groupe Pourquoi pas (musique et chansons canadiennes-françaises)
Samedi le 16 mars 2013
- 10 :00 à midi – Déjeuner de Cabane à sucre (5,00$ – gratuit pour les enfants de moins de 5 ans)
- 12 :00 – Chasse aux trésors
- 13 :00 – Souris Bouquine
- 14 :00 – Jeunes artistes
- 15 :00 – Artisanat spécial avec Michel Sonnel
- 16 :00 à 18h – Souper fait par le Club de l’armée, la marine et l’aviation (7,00$ – gratuit pour les enfants de moins de 5 ans)
- 19 :00 – Top Secret (comédie et chansons) spectacle au théâtre Port (10,00$)
Congradulations on a great line up of activities and fun! If you would like more information visit the Facebook event page.
CORNWALL.CA — Spring is in the air, and residents are invited to usher in the new season at the annual Cabane à sucre on Friday, March 15th and Saturday, March 16th.
The annual celebration is taking place at the Army Navy Air Force (ANAF) Club at the corner of Marlborough Street and Montreal Road and organizers are promising a good time for both children and adults alike.
“It’s two days of great fun for everyone,” said Jacques Campeau, President of the Centre culturel de Cornwall.
The fun kicks off on Friday, March 15th with the opening of the Cabane à sucre at 11 am, followed by children’s performances, face painting, balloons, a demonstration by Bouncing Beans, karaoke and more.
That will be followed by the Cabane à sucre dinner from 4:15 pm to 7 pm (cost is $7 and free for children under 5).
Beginning at 7 pm, the crowd will be entertained by the sounds of French Canadian performer Pourquoi pas.
The festivities continue on Saturday, March 16th with a Cabane à sucre breakfast featuring real maple syrup (cost is $5 and free for children under 5).
Other planned events for Saturday include treasure hunt, young artist displays, crafts and other children performances from 12 pm to 3 pm.
From 4 pm to 6 pm, there will be a supper at the ANAF Club (cost is $7 and free for children under 5), and that will be followed by a 7 pm performance by Top Secret at the Port Theatre ($10 admission).
Everyone is welcome to attend the events.