It doesn’t take a lot of BIG changes to make your life a bit better. You’ll see that small alterations to things you do in your daily life can help make 2014 a year to remember.
- Stop procrastinating. Life isn’t going to slow down for you and sorry, but you’re not getting any younger. If there’s something you want to do, stop putting it on the back burner. Step up and get it done. You’ll thank yourself later on.
- Be more positive. Sure, you can say you’re a positive person all you want but unless you THINK and ACT positive, your words mean won’t mean much. If you’re already talking positive, it’s a great start but now start believing what you say. Start living it and you’ll notice the things around you will start looking up.
- Smile more. It’s the cheapest and easiest way to a prettier face.
- Get healthy. You’ve been saying you want to get in shape for months now but you keep procrastinating (see #1). Cut out the junk food and start taking the stairs. Being healthy now means being healthier later on.
- Loosen up. Life has a way of bringing people down and stress can sometimes get the best of you. Don’t let it. Start going with the flow a little more and stop being wound so tightly. Have fun and enjoy life, you only get one after all.
- Be nice. Sometimes it’s hard to be nice when you’re dealing with dumb people or assholes. Kill them with kindness, my dear. Be so nice that if anyone ever called you a bitch no one would believe them.
- Don’t settle. You are fabulous and you should never feel the need to settle. Be it in your relationships, your job, your friendships; if you aren’t getting all you need then wish them well and be on your way. Why waste another minute of this year on something with no return?
- Have fun. Put some time aside to just have a good time. Dance, sing, laugh with your friends, do something silly. Let go of your inhibitions and act like a kid again. When did you get so old and rigid, anyway?
- Speak up. If you have something to say to the world, or even just one person, let it out. The weight off your shoulders will be worth it.
- Do something you’ve never done before. Taking risks is sexy.
- Laugh. All the time. Even if you’re by yourself…in the middle of a store. Just laugh.
- Be helpful. Being helpful makes you feel better and gives some meaning to your life. Hold the door open for that little old lady or widen your scope and volunteer at a shelter. Either way, you’ll make someone’s day better, which will in turn make you smile more (see #3).
- Put down your phone. There’s no reason to be texting while you’re out to dinner with friends or family. Focus on the people in front of you, they’re the ones who will be there when the power fails.
- Love. Find love in every aspect of your life and never hold back. Love fully and compassionately and tell those you love that you do. Love people, love things, love yourself, and love your life. Let this be the year that you allow love into your life and you will learn who you really are.
Here’s to 2014. The year you become better, the year you find your true self. May you get everything you wish for and work hard towards your goals. Love. Live. Smile. Be good. Do good.
Happy New Year,
The Love Hawk
Shannon loves love. She has a passion for people and understanding the little things that make everyone unique and similar, all at the same time. She has degrees in Communication Studies, Psychology, and Broadcast Journalism but it’s the school of life that taught Shannon most of what she knows about love and relationships.
Visit her blog at: thelovehawk.com
Like her on Facebook
Follow her on Google+