Cornwall Ontario — Last week the Mayor and New City Council were sworn in. Now Mayor Leslie O’Shaughnessy and City Councillors will hold their first regular meeting on Monday December 8th 2014 at 7pm in Council Chambers at Cornwall City Hall.
Although hockey is not on the agenda posted by City Hall, there may be Cornwall River Kings fans and even some players in attendance ready to express their displeasure with the former owner of the team.
Also not in the agenda is a motion to rescind a huge pay-hike the last Council voted itself. It is unclear whether a motion will be brought up tonight or at a later date.
Summary of the Agenda:
Consent / Correspondence
1. PAC Report No. 1 – December 2014 – Ron Chenier (Place Dominion Place)
2. PAC Report No. 2 – For Administration to continue with the analysis of a Heart of the City CIP Amendment to Program 1
3. PAC Report No. 3 – November 17, 2014 Amendment to the Brownfields Community Improvement Plan
4. PAC Report No. 4 – November 17, 2014 CPPEC Recommendations
5. Proclamation – Children’s Christmas Fund Week
6. Proclamation and Flag Raising – Alzheimer Awareness Month
-Application for a Draft Plan of Condominium Development at 1 Second Street East
-Status update on Land Use plans for redevelopment of the Domtar Main Mill lands
Communications / Reports
1. Asset Management Plan Update
2. Senior Friendly Community Plan Development
3. Glen Stor Dun Lodge Committee of Management Chair’s Statement of Achievement
4. Council Resolution in support of Akwesasne’s Small Communities Fund Application
5. Transfer Payments to Community Groups
Tenders and Requests for Proposals
1. Tender 14-T69 Supply of Tractor Backhoe complete with Operator for Various City Departments
2. 2 Request for Proposal 14-P16 Municipal Class Environmental Assessment for: Part A, Proposed Improvement and Extension of Lemay Street and Part B, Redevelopment and Design of the Municipal Works Yard Facility
3. Request for Proposal 14-P10 Supply of Integrated Communication and Monitoring System
4. 4 Request for Quotation 14-Q87 Supply and Delivery of Various Traffic and Street Signs
-Passing of By-Laws
-Reports from Standing / Special Committes of Council
-Notice of Motion
-Pending Business Listing
The next regular public meeting of Council will be held on Monday, January 12, 2015.
Read the full agenda here: