While my oven was on this past Sunday, I decided to make a nice baked chocolate pudding. This recipe is so easy to make, using only the basic pantry ingredients you all will have on hand. It is one of my families favourites. Our eldest daughter Karen dropped by coming back from Ottawa (perfect timing) and enjoyed a nice bowl of the warm pudding with a dollop of whipped cream. While speaking to our youngest daughter Jen on the phone Sunday evening, she told me she had made the exact same dessert for her family that same day! Talk about ESP! If you don’t already have this recipe, I know that it will be one of your favourite puddings to make. Enjoy a great week!
INGREDIENTS: (Yes, we carry all of the ingredients needed at my store Sharyn’s Pantry.)
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 5 tbsp. Dutch Process Cocoa
• 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
• 1- 2/3 cups boiling water
• 2 tbsp. melted butter
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla
• 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour • 3 tbsp. Dutch Process Cocoa • 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
• 1/2 cup milk
• Have your water boiling, then mix all of the sauce ingredients right in your baking dish.
• Note, I doubled all of the above ingredients to make an 8″ x 11″ baking dish. The above ingredients will fill a 1- 1/2 quart baking dish. (I use a Corningware dish.)
• Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. • Prepare the batter: In a bowl, combine the melted butter, white sugar, vanilla, flour, cocoa. baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk and mix well.
• Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the sauce mixture in the baking dish. |
• Bake the pudding in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
• If you double the ingredients to make an 8″ x 11″ dish, bake the pudding a bit longer. When a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake portion of the pudding comes out clean, your pudding is done.
• To serve, spoon the hot chocolate sauce over the cake portion of the pudding. A dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream will just make it better!
Get notified of all our new news by ringing the bell at the bottom right corner!
The Seeker Newspaper is located at 327 Second Street E., Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y8 -- All rights reserved The Seeker does not accept responsibility for errors, misprints or inaccuracies published within. The opinions and statements of our columnists are not to be presumed as the statements and opinions of The Seeker, and should not substitute professional or medical advice.
ISSN 2562-1750 (Print) ISSN 2562-1769 (Online)