Three barrier-free locations are being offered during Advance Voting. Eligible voters can choose to cast their ballot ahead of Election Day. The following voting locations are available:
- Benson Centre, 800 Seventh Street West
- Cornwall SDG Paramedic Services Building, 601 Campbell Street
- Cornwall Election Headquarters, 159 Pitt Street
Voters can cast their ballot on these days:
- Thursday, October 11 and Friday, October 12 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, October 13 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, October 15 to Friday, October 19 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Even though every location is barrier free, the City of Cornwall has designated a voting location for eligible voters requiring accessible equipment, such as headsets, paddles and sip-and-puff. This equipment is located at the Benson Centre, Seventh Street West on Advance Voting Days (October 11 – 20) and Voting Day (October 22).
“Voters will be heading to the polls this October to determine who will represent them on Council during the 2018 to 2022 term. We want to ensure that everyone is able to participate,” said Manon Levesque, City Clerk and Returning Officer. “Whether you need to use an assistive device or you are unable to vote on October 22, we are giving residents lots of options to make voting easy and accessible.”
In addition to advance and accessible voting, Cornwall citizens voting on Advance Voting Days or on Election Day can take advantage of the City’s “vote anywhere” option to cast their ballot at the polling station of their choice.
Visit elections.cornwall.ca for details about candidates, voting locations, voter eligibility and more.