The Cornwall Chamber of Commerce celebrated the 31st anniversary of its prestigious Business Excellence Awards last night at the Nav Centre. Close to 200 members of the business community and their friends and families gathered together to celebrate their 2018 achievements.
Father Kevin Maloney, who has dedicated decades of unwavering service to the community, was named Citizen of the Year.
The Circus-themed affair saw a number of area businesses and individuals recognized for their outstanding contribution to the city, its growth and prosperity.
Here the list of winners:
- Tarah Zaczyk – Crush Lane – Entrepreneur of the year
- Pierre Giroux – Artist – Team Cornwall Ambassador Award
- The Late Alaya Riley – Above and Beyond Award
- Andrew Seguin – Seguin Financial – Young Professional Award
- Barbara Leduc – Mrs. B’s – Small Business Award
- Michael Laframboise – Laframboise Group – Business of the Year Award
- Ian Bentley – Wonderful World of Whisky – Tourism Excellence Award
- Guy Robichaud – Laminacorr – Economic Impact Award
- Dan Drouin and TJ Schail – BMX Racing Track – Breakthrough Award
- Maurice Emard – Emard Lumber – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Father Kevin Maloney – Citizen of the Year
“The business Excellence Awards is the Camber’s most prestigious event,” declares Rory MacLennan, President. “I would like to offer my congratulaitons to all of the 2018 award winners.”
The Cornwall Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest businses associations in Ontario. Established in 1890, it has been the voice of the business community for close to 130 years.