The City of Cornwall is opening three outdoor pools as of Monday, June 29: Mattice, St. Francis, and Reg Campbell Pools.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. weekends, weather-permitting.
No swimming fees will be charged.
Public swimming sessions will last 45 minutes at a time, starting on the hour. Between each swim, 15 minutes will be used for lifeguards to disinfect surfaces and move in the next group of swimmers.
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit has approved the City’s re-opening plan for outdoor pools, which includes the following restrictions:
- Physical distancing is required inside and outside the pool, with household members excepted,
- Swimmers must use the designated entrance and exit to the pool area,
- Swimmers will be asked screening questions upon their arrival at the pool,
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool and sanitize their hands,
- Swimmers will be limited to 20 in the large pool and 10 in the wading pool, and
- Residents who are sick must stay home and not use public facilities.
Please also note that…
- No equipment will be provided. Swimmers should bring their own floatation equipment.
- Diving boards are not available.
- Admission policies (click here) must be followed.
- No swimming lessons will be offered at this time.
Outdoor pools will be open Canada Day (Wednesday, July 1) from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The City of Cornwall’s Aquatic Centre and other two outdoor pools (Terry Fox and St. Joseph’s) are still being prepared for opening. The City will announce an opening date for these as soon as possible.