The City of Cornwall is pleased to announce its partnership with WaytoPark, a smart phone app that provides another option for parking payments.
“This is the next step in the modernization of our parking system,” said Mark Boileau, Manager of Planning, Development, and Recreation. “Last year, we introduced pay-by-plate machines in some of our busiest areas. Now, residents have a choice: they can pay from the convenience of their phones, or on the street, either at a parking meter or a pay-by-plate machine.”
Council recently approved complimentary two-hour parking until September 14, 2020: each resident’s first session of parking is free for the first two hours, every day.
How to Use the App:
- Download the app on iPhone or Android and complete the registration process, including your plate number and credit card information.
- Pay for parking using the correct zone. You can find your zone by panning on the map, entering the zone number in the search bar, or using the street signs nearby.
- Zone 4160: Lamoureux Park boat launch
- Zone 4161: Downtown Pitt Street and area
- Zone 4162: Montreal Road and area
- Once you’ve finished paying for parking, you will be able to see a countdown on your screen and receive a reminder when your time is about to expire. With a simple click, you can extend your time.
- Pay only when required: if you receive a pop-up (“Parking not allowed or is currently free. Please check signage in your area.”), it means you are outside required paid parking times (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.), or that parking is free due to a statutory holiday.
- A notification will be sent to your phone when your time is about to expire.
- If you originally paid for parking at a meter or pay-by-plate machine, and your time is about to expire, you can start a new session using the app. By-law enforcement officers will use your license plate number to verify that you have paid for parking.
- 15 minutes = $0.25
- 30 minutes = $0.50
- 1 hour = $1.00
- A convenience fee of $0.30 applies to each transaction.
Complimentary Two-Hour Parking
Each resident may park for free for two hours each day. Residents must register their vehicle at the pay-by-plate machine or using the WaytoPark app. Pay-by-plate machines are now updated with step-by-step instructions to assist residents in registering their vehicle.
Residents who park in a metered spot can also register using the WaytoPark app.
Complimentary two-hour parking does not include the Lamoureux Park boat launch.
Complimentary two-hour parking is in effect until September 14, 2020.