Residents in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry – take note!
Ontario Renovates provides funding for major repairs and improvements to ensure a home is safe and accessible. Applicants from low and modest income households are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, June 7. Funding is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority is given to first-time applicants and accessibility requests.
The Social and Housing Services office is closed. Residents looking for a paper application should call 613-933-6282 ext. 3315 to schedule a pick-up time.
Residents can start preparing for their application by gathering these documents:
- Proof of residency at property
- Copy of Deed/Transfer/Charge
- Copy of Income Tax Notice of Assessment 2020
- Copy of home insurance policy
- Copy of Property Value Assessment (MPAC, tax bill)
- Proof municipal taxes are paid up to date
- Proof mortgage payments are up to date (mortgage statement)
- Proof there is no mortgage
- Medical note (only if applying for accessibility grant)
- Proof of full-time school attendance (if applicable)
- Two written estimates per project (estimates can be submitted at time of home visit as well)
“This is a very popular program,” said Meena Mullur, Housing Program Supervisor. “It’s important that applicants have all documentation submitted with their application. Only completed applications will be assessed.”
Home repairs can include improvements to electrical, doors, windows, heating, roof, and modifications for accessibility.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 18 at 4:30 p.m. or until funds are depleted.
The City of Cornwall administers the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing program for property owners in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry.
Visit Cornwall.ca on June 4 after 4:30 p.m. for the application form.