Cornwall’s Youth for Climate Action Working Group will help to bring about an attractive, zero carbon, and climate resilient Cornwall where all people will feel safe and are proud to live and work.
The purpose of Cornwall’s Youth for Climate Action is to:
- Give young people a voice on climate change issues, giving members the platform to influence and have their say on how the City responds to climate change and extreme weather events.
- Give young people insight on how the City will tackle climate change issues.
- Assist the City to empower residents to take action on climate change, providing insight into how to encourage people to take responsibility for their behaviours.
“It’s important to include youth when it comes to making decisions that directly impact their future. This working group will allow youth to voice their opinions and concerns when it comes to municipal climate change strategies,” said Angie Parker, the City of Cornwall’s Sustainable Projects Coordinator. “What youth wouldn’t want to have a say about their future? I want them to feel informed and empowered. Young people deserve this opportunity.”
Apply before December 13, 2021 at 4 p.m. to join the Youth for Climate Action Working Group!
Please consider applying if you are…
- passionate about the environment and climate change,
- concerned about extreme weather events and the future of our planet,
- in grades 7 to 12 as of September 1, 2021,
- a resident of Cornwall, and
- available to start meeting in early 2022!
Cornwall students can apply online using this form. They must also be nominated by an organization.
Learn more about the Working Group, including its terms of reference, on our website.