This chilli recipe is a super simple, flavourful, and aromatic dish. We served this same chilli at our food truck, being used on our chilli dogs and chilli cheese fries.The signature seasonings play a huge role in this meal. Martian Dust gives a sweet and smokey flavour that helps build a solid foundation. Next Flavourous Maximus brings all the aromatics in to play. Finally Dirty Cayenna brings the heat and fire, for those who want that kick in their chilli. All of the seasonings are available on our website.
Awesome Chilli (12 servings) Ingredients:
• 3 lbs medium ground beef
• 2 large onions diced
• 2 cans red kidney beans
• 2 cans black beans
• 2 cans diced tomatoes
• 2 cans crushed tomatoes
• 2 tbsp Flavourous Maximus *
• 2 tbsp Martian Dust *
• 1 tbsp Dirty Cayenna * (optional for an extra kick)
• 1 tbsp chopped garlic • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* Available on our website
- First, start by chopping the onions into a medium dice. Then mince up about 2-3 cloves of garlic (1 tbsp). Next open, drain and rinse the black beans and red kidney beans in a colander.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add your olive oil, and cook the onions until tender and transparent. About 5 minutes.
- In the same pot add the ground beef and cook until almost fully cooked. Next add the garlic, Flavourous Maximus and Martian Dust. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until very aromatic. If you want to add an extra kick of spice then also add Dirty Cayenna.
- Once the beef is smelling amazing, add the black beans, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. Mix until well combined and simmer for about 20 minutes (simmer longer for a thicker chilli, or add beef stock to make a thinner chilli).
Now that you have achieved the desired thickness of chilli, grab yourself a bowl and enjoy! www.meltedmayhem.com