Trampoline market is going well in Canada; in fact, about 35 000 people search about trampolines each month! In case you are one of them, you’ve found yourself in the right place.
In Canada, trampolines are most popular in suburban areas. This makes sense as garden trampolines require you to have enough outdoor space which is a little difficult to find in the bustling city. One exception to this are fitness trampolines, which are more common in urban settings.
Nevertheless, choosing the right trampoline in Canada may be a challenge. Many brick-and-mortar stores that sell trampolines are not specialized in them, thus they tend to sell trampolines of poor quality. On the other hand, it may feel intimidating to purchase a tr
To make trampoline shopping a tiny bit easier, we’ve compiled a list of the best places to find the best trampolines in Canada. Check our tips for buying and the top three sellers available with honorable mentions at the end of the blog.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Trampoline
It is crucial to consider several factors before purchasing a trampoline. In order to choose a trampoline that meets your needs and preferences, you should consider all the factors mentioned below. Keep these key factors in mind:
1. Safety Features
This should be your number one priority. Trampolines are fun, but they can also be dangerous in case safety instructions are not followed. The enclosure is a MUST – honestly, don’t even consider a trampoline without one especially if it is for kids. Other safety features include paddings over the springs and enclosure poles, tightly knitted enclosure net and sturdy ladders.
Before purchasing, make sure that the trampoline manufacturer meets at least ASTM standards as these are the most commonly used standards. The best trampolines in Canada are always safety tested. Note that reputable manufacturers are always happy to tell you more about safety precautions, instructions and more.
A durable trampoline lasts for decades to come in regular use. It should withstand various weather conditions and have a high weight limit. Look for heavy duty trampolines made from galvanized steel and other rust-resistant materials. Also, make sure to check whether the manufacturer provides solid trampoline care guidelines on their website. Trampoline care and maintenance is at the core of keeping your trampoline in pristine condition. Lastly, the manufacturer should be able to provide spare parts in their online store; check the availability of them before purchasing a trampoline.
Next, you need to consider the size. Find out how big you want to go in terms of the size by considering:
- How much space you have (it’s usually recommended to leave at least 3ft of free space around the trampoline)
- Who will be jumping on the trampoline (teens and adults need more space than kids)
- What kind of jumps will be done on it (basic jumps need less space than advanced trampoline tricking)
While smaller models are usually cheaper, the price difference is usually not that big to opt for a smaller model than what you’d prefer. Avoid trampoline shopping soon after getting one due to the size; usually people regret getting a trampoline too small rather than a trampoline that is too big.
4. Weight Capacity
Once you’ve narrowed down the safety features, durability and size of your future trampoline, it’s time to look into the weight capacity and weight limits. Trampolines for sale come in various weight capacities and therefore, it’s important to look into the small print before committing to a purchase.
What about the warranty? The best trampolines in Canada tend to have long warranties that extend for years and some even for lifetime! Usually, a long warranty period is an indicator to a manufacturer’s confidence in their product’s quality. Note that the warranty is usually longer for the frame since it gets less impact compared to springs and mat that need to be replaced occasionally.
And REMEMBER, when it comes to warranties, ALWAYS read the small print as some may be marketing gimmicks.
6. Customer Reviews and Ratings
Finally, once you’ve narrowed down your options based on the five steps introduced above, it’s time to look into the customer reviews and ratings. Check what people that have already bought the product have said about safety, durability, size and other important factors, such as bounce. Read both positive and negative comments to get as realistic understanding as possible.
The factors discussed above will assist you in making an informed decision and ensuring that you and your family will be able to enjoy your trampoline experience safely and happily.
Criteria for Selecting the Best Trampoline Sellers
Based on some of the factors to consider when buying a trampoline, the criteria for selecting best trampoline sellers was created:
- Safety features: how many safety features the seller provides? Do they feel high quality?
- Durability: what has the manufacturer done to protect the trampoline from getting affected by weather conditions and regular use?
- Size: how vast is the selection in terms of sizes and shapes available?
- Weight capacity: what’s the weight limit on their most popular products?
Additionally, the following aspects were looked into:
Each criterion was then evaluated in a 1-5 scale:
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Top 3 Best Trampoline Sellers in Canada
There are tens of trampoline sellers in Canada, making it somewhat challenging to narrow down the ones with the best options available. Here, we’ve listed three popular choices: ACON, Jumpflex and Springfree.
ACON, a Finnish trampoline manufacturer established in 1996, stands out with its Nordic engineering and durable rectangular trampolines like the 16 Sport HD. Popular among advanced jumpers and families, ACON offers great bounce and competitive prices, starting under 1000 CAD. They provide a solid warranty, safety features, accessories, and online spare parts that can be seen here.
Jumpflex trampolines have become a popular choice in Canada due to their impressive quality and affordability. Featuring a modern design, they offer a lifetime warranty and a limited selection of three round trampolines in sizes ranging from 12ft to 15ft. With prices starting around 1000 CAD, they are an attractive option for families seeking both value and reliability.
Springfree trampolines prioritize safety with a springless design, replacing steel springs with plastic rods. The unique construction eliminates the risk of accidental collisions while bouncing. Although the bounce may differ, many families appreciate the added safety measures. Prices range from around 1400 CAD to 2800 CAD for their premium models.
There are a few noteworthy trampoline sellers in Canada that are not on the top list but are still worth considering for those looking for quality and fun:
The manufacturers mentioned above provide solid trampolines suitable for kids and families as well as any basic jumping activities. In terms of base level products, they offer good value for those who do not need a product that lasts for decades, but rather something that they can enjoy for a few years.
How to choose the right trampoline seller for my needs?
Choosing the right trampoline may be tricky. It is recommended to first consider what your needs are and what you value the most. After that, compare and contrast the trampoline models from 2-3 different manufacturers that you prefer. Finally, see customer reviews and contact their customer support in case any questions arise. Good luck with trampoline shopping!
- Bounce: how have they developed their bounce and what they say about it? What do the customers say about the bounce?
- Brand reputation: how long has the company been operating? What is said about the company online?
- Pricing: what’s their pricing strategy? Do they offer sales? Can their products be bought in installments?
- 1 = Poor quality. Avoid at all costs.
- 2 = Decent. Plenty of room for improvement.
- 3 = Good. A solid choice.
- 4 = Great. Above average.
- 5 = Excellent. The leader in this aspect.
- Safety features: 4,5 / 5. Multiple safety features, including a trampoline enclosure that goes inside the springs. Thick padding and high enclosure net walls.
- Durability: 5 / 5. Provides one of the best warranty policies in the market. Additionally, ACON promises to have a spare part for every single trampoline available.
- Size: 4 / 5. Provides trampolines in 4 different sizes for round trampolines and 2 sizes for rectangular trampolines.
- Weight capacity: 5 / 5. No single user weight limit for most trampoline models.
- Bounce: 5 / 5. Provides a high, even and consistent bounce suitable for advanced level trickers.
- Brand reputation: 4 / 5. Overall well received with constantly good reviews online.
- Pricing: 3 / 5. High prices for most models, however smaller models are more accessible. Has sales and discount coupons every so often. Price range 1000 CAD – 4000 CAD.
- Safety features: 4 / 5. High enclosure net and curved enclosure poles to avoid any possible hits to them when jumping on a trampoline. Tightly knitted, soft mesh used in the enclosure net.
- Durability: 3 / 5. Solid frame structure that lasts for years to come. Jumpflex does not provide spare parts in their online store, however. Offers lifetime warranty; note that it does not apply to any ‘regular use’.
- Size: 2 / 5. Provides trampolines only in one shape (round) and three sizes (10ft, 14ft and 15ft).
- Weight capacity: 4 / 5. Recommended max weight 550 lbs / 250 kg.
- Bounce: 3 / 5. Good, solid bounce that is necessary for any basic jumping activities. However, as they only provide round models, these are not designed for advanced jumping.
- Brand reputation: 3 / 5. As a newcomer compared to the other two introduced in this blog post, Jumpflex does not have a similar, loyal fan base yet. However, they tend to get consistently good reviews online.
- Pricing: 4 / 5. More accessible price point compared to ACON and Springfree. Price range 1000 – 1250 CAD.
- Safety features: 4 / 5. As the plastic cords are placed outside the trampoline, it makes the trampoline feel more secure. Expect high quality enclosure net and curved poles.
- Durability: 3 / 5. The brand is known for constructing trampolines that last for a long time. However, they do not provide any spare parts online. Instead, they have to be requested through their customer service.
- Size: 5 / 5. Multiple sizes available in three different shapes: round, oval and square with the smallest one being only 6 ft in diameter.
- Weight capacity: 3 / 5. The single jumper weight limit is set at 220 lbs / 100kg, which is limiting to some adults. Take this into consideration if you are planning to enjoy the trampoline fun with your family.
- Bounce: 2 / 5. Due to the plastic rods, the bounce suffers. While this may not be an issue for small kids, it limits the trampoline off from any intermediate or advanced level jumping. The bounce feels more stiff compared to bounce with regular trampoline springs.
- Brand reputation: 5 / 5. Springfree has an almost cult-like following among concerned parents who want to keep their children safe. Their high emphasis on only safety over years has made them highly likable and popular among the trampoline manufacturers.
- Pricing: 3 / 5. Similarly to ACON, the prices are high. If you are considering a Springfree trampoline, look for discounts and sales to get the best deal. Price range is 1400 CAD – 2800 CAD.