Community

MainAdmin

Cornwall city workers vote on employer’s last offer: CUPE statement on vote results

Cornwall city workers vote on employer’s last offer:  CUPE statement on vote results

(CORNWALL, ON) – Votes conducted today on the City of Cornwall’s last offers to four striking Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) locals have yielded an averaged 92.5% rejection of what the employer has proposed. The City asked us to take their last offer directly to our members, and we have done that, using the […]

MainAdmin

New Executive Director for the Social Development Council

New Executive Director for the Social Development Council

CORNWALL, ON – The Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area’s Board of Directors are pleased to announce that there is a new Executive Director for the Council. Carilyne Hebert will be replacing Alex de Wit who had been the Director since September 2012.  Carilyne is stepping into the role as Executive Director after several […]

MainAdmin

St. Lawrence College awards Honorary Diploma to Dr. Rachel Navaneelan

St. Lawrence College awards Honorary Diploma to Dr. Rachel Navaneelan

CORNWALL – St. Lawrence College is pleased to announce it will award Dr. Rachel Navaneelan, Dentist and Founder of The Rachel’s Kids Foundation, with an Honorary Diploma. Dr. Rachel will address St. Lawrence College’s graduating class of 2018 at the 1:30pm Convocation ceremony at Aultsville Theatre on Friday, June 1. For Dr. Rachel, the concept […]

MainAdmin

Letter to the Editor: Spot the danger before you play

Letter to the Editor:  Spot the danger before you play

Dear Editor,   I lost my right leg above the knee when I was four years old in a boating accident. I was standing up in a dinghy when it hit a big wave. I fell overboard and the motor injured my leg.   As a member of The War Amps Child Amputee (CHAMP) Program, […]

MainAdmin

City of Cornwall rejects CUPE offer

City of Cornwall rejects CUPE offer

Cornwall, Ontario – Representatives of CUPE locals 234, 3251, 3251-01 and 5734 met on Thursday, May 24th, and Friday, May 25th, with the City of Cornwall. CUPE made a substantive offer to address the City’s stated concerns in bargaining. CUPE made a major move that could have ended the current strike. CUPE has been […]