What’s better than a seasonal outdoor party to spend quality time with your friends and relatives? Whether it’s a picnic, a family gathering in the backyard or a neighborhood barbecue, everybody loves getting together around some comfort food. And while your hosts are bound to satisfy your basic meat and drink cravings, it’s never a good idea to show up empty-handed when you receive an invitation.
That’s why we’ve compiled some of the best savory and sweet dish recipes to bring and complement the buffet. Aside from contributing to the party, it will be a formidable opportunity for bonding and to show off your master chef skills. Time to get your aprons on!
Colorful, zesty, sweet, crunchy, salads come in all flavors and are essential accompaniments to any outdoor meal or barbecue cook-off. A delicious, homemade salad made with the freshest ingredients is definitely a party pleaser. Here are some ideas on what to prepare:
- Classic Coleslaw – An all-time favorite for any occasion. All you need is red and green cabbage and carrots. Shred the vegetables and toss them together in a large bowl. For the sauce, use mayonnaise as your base. Add some Dijon mustard for some zing, apple cider vinegar, lime, and finish with a touch of salt and pepper. Add the sauce to your mix, and voilà!
- Baby Potato Salad – You can never go wrong with this one. Using baby potatoes (Yukon variety) will make the preparation process easier. Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until soft. The sauce will consist of mayonnaise, grainy mustard, salt, and pepper. Fold everything together, adjust the seasoning, and add herbs and chives for serving. Finger licking good.
- Mexican Chopped Salad – This healthy and refreshing salad goes with just about protein, from meat and poultry to seafood. Finely dice some tomatoes, cucumbers, onions (red or white), spring onions, and add fresh corn. The light sauce is made with fresh lime juice, honey, garlic, and some olive oil. Mix everything well, and you’re done!
While smoked, grilled or barbecued meats are typically the stars of any outdoor party, side dishes have their importance, too. Of course, there are a thousand recipes available, yet here’s a taste of what you can bring to the table:
- Zucchini Fries – These are a tasty alternative to traditional fries or wedges. Cut the zucchini before drenching them in flour, then eggs, and seasoned panko crumbs. Top with some salt and pepper, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for a solid 20 minutes. If you haven’t tried them before, they’ll become your favorite finger food.
- Baked Mac & Cheese – An iconic staple of American-style comfort food. You’ll need high-quality pasta and your favorite cheeses to make this beloved recipe that goes great with everything. According to https://brobbq.com/, it is essential to impress your entourage with all sorts of side dishes that can highlight your skills when it comes to food. Useful tips and reviews on barbecuing and barbeque tools and equipment that will turn you into a super host yourself!
- Summer Vegetable Casserole – Suited for all vegetarians in the crowd, this hearty dish consists of cubed potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic, mixed together and served in a baking dish. A delicious side recipe to get full of nutritious fiber.
Last but not least, you’ll definitely be needing something to wrap up the meal on a sweet note. We’ve compiled some easy-to-make dessert ideas for a scrumptious and indulgent experience:
- Hazelnut Brownie Tart – Convenient to make in advance, this fudge recipe is bound to satisfy any chocolate lover’s lust for a decadent dessert. It’s prepared with a traditional brownie batter laid on top of a cookie base, all in a simple tart pan. Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt.
- Mixed Berry Cobbler – Great for the summertime. A mixed berry cobbler is a fantastic crowd pleaser. For better results, use organic fruits, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Coconut Pecan Shortbread – Consisting of only a few ingredients, these gooey shortbread squares will certainly appeal to the foodies.
- Lemon Meringue Pie – If you have upscale baking skills like Bree Van De Kamp in Desperate Housewives, this one is an impressive dish to make for your next garden party. Don’t hesitate to use different citrus fruits for more originality.
All in all, an outdoor party is no time to be watching your calories. Bring your technical and creative skills to the table with these simple and mouth watering dish recipes, and you’re bound to make an impact among the guests!