Some outdoor facilities in the City of Cornwall open on 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19.
These include: outdoor tennis/pickleball courts, baseball diamonds, football fields, basketball courts, the skatepark, and ball hockey courts.
The BMX Track in Guindon Park is also permitted to open, but will remain closed while upgrades continue to the track. Indoor courts and facilities remain closed, as do outdoor play structures and outdoor gyms.
Outdoor recreational facilities are open for low-contact, single-competitor sports – no team play is permitted. Clubhouses, changes rooms, and washrooms remain closed.
The health and safety of residents remains the City of Cornwall’s top priority. Please remember…
- Residents should only access recreational facilities with other members of their household.
- Residents should maintain a safe distance of 2 metres between yourself and other residents at all times.
- Residents should wash their hands before and after coming into contact with commonly touched surfaces like hand rails and gates.
- Residents who are ill, who have COVID-19 symptoms, or who have been advised to self-isolate should not use public spaces.
Use of Cornwall’s double outdoor tennis courts is on a first come, first play basis. They are located at:
- Broadview Park: Henry Street and Thirteenth Street
- Kinsmen Park: Third Street and Carleton Avenue
- Mattice Park: Edward Street and Lennox Street
- Riverdale Park: Riverdale Avenue and Peter Street
- Terry Fox Memorial Park: Mercier Avenue and Ross Avenue
Pickleball courts are now available at Broadview Park and Terry Fox Park. Dedicated pickleball court time is available on Monday and Wednesdays at Broadview Park, while Terry Fox hosts pickleball first on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Limit your playing time to one hour when other groups are waiting.
- Singles play recommended, doubles partners should reside in the same household.
- Please pick up after yourself and use trash bins.
- The courts are open to the public free of charge from May until October weather permitting.
- Notify us of any court deficiencies by clicking here.
To learn more about Marina 200 and boat launches opening, click here.
To learn more about how the City of Cornwall is responding to COVID-19, click here