The City of Cornwall’s favourite yard sale and giveaway weekend is back with COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
Everyone is welcome to participate in Trash to Treasure, which takes place on Saturday, August 22 (yard sale) and Sunday, August 23 (giveaway day).
Click here to sign your household up! Participating households are placed on a Treasure Map, and must follow the following guidelines, which have been approved by the Eastern Ontario Health Unit:
- Households must provide hand sanitizer at their yard sale,
- Encourage residents at their yard sale to keep 2 metres apart,
- Clean frequently touched surfaces,
- Keep all items for sale outdoors,
- Consider using chalk, tape, or other markings to designate safe distances of 2 metres,
- Wear a face covering,
- Display safety signage at their yard sale (this will be provided by mail from the City of Cornwall),
- Reduce contact when exchanging money, and consider using e-transfer,
- Notify the City of Cornwall if someone in their household is feeling unwell or is diagnosed with COVID-19, at which point their household will be removed from the Treasure Map of participating households.
- Yard sale shoppers should also carry hand sanitizer with them, wear a mask, and stay 2 metres apart.
What is Trash to Treasure?
Trash to Treasure Day is an opportunity for residents to share their gently used, unwanted household items with treasure hunters. The goal is to reuse items rather than sending them to the landfill. Trash to Treasure is an event for the whole community!
Saturday, August 22 is a community yard sale day. On Sunday, August 23, residents can set out items to give away.
How can I participate?
Sign up to add your household to the Treasure Map! You can register your household for the yard sale, giveaway day, or both!
Would you like a copy of the Treasure Map? Click here to provide your email address.
You can also follow the Facebook event to receive updates. Click here to visit the event page.
What is eligible to be included in my yard sale or giveaway?
On the Trash to Treasure giveaway day, please do not set out mattresses, hazardous waste, or food.
What other rules should I be aware of?
If you have items remaining at the end of the community yard sale or giveaway day, please bring them back inside by 7 p.m. Dumping waste is prohibited. Please donate gently used items to a thrift store, or bring trash to the landfill at 2590 Cornwall Centre Road.