The Cornwall Food Fest 2017 will be taking place on Saturday August 19th, downtown Pitt Street, from 10AM – 8PM. The 2017 event features:
- 14+ Food Trucks with local Restaurants competing for Best Street Food!
- 30+ artisans / vendors showcasing their talents for you to buy
- The Kinsmen Family Zone with activities for children and families from 10AM – 4PM at Pommier Square
- David Jans performing Magic on the street from 12 – 2PM
- The chance to win $200 in Downtown Dollars (sponsored by the DBIA)
- Live entertainment in our licensed Entertainment Tent located between Second and Third Streets (in front of “Fantasy Realm”) with music provided by:
- 11AM The Campbell Trio
- 12:30PM Steph McAlear, Nick Sequin, and Marc Muir
- 2:00PM Eric and Grace Willison
- 3:30 PM Kathlene Sauve
- 5:00 PM Ashley McLeod
- 6:30 PM Bang on the Ear
NEW THIS YEAR our Ontario 150 events sponsored in part by funding provided by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Sport Ontario. These events will celebrate the cultural history that makes up our region including Indigenous, Francophone, and Celtic traditions. Events include special activities in our Family Zone like our “Celtic Fairy Doors Workshop” at 10AM. Check out artwork by local artists celebrating our cultural traditions at Cailuan Gallery and other locations throughout the Food Fest. Don’t forget to bring your lawn chair and grab a spot at Pitt and First catch the live performances on our Ontario 150 Culture Stage including:
- 10AM PM Duo
- 11:30AM Native North American Travelling College
- 1:00PM Kelli Trottier
- 3:00 PM Les Soeurs Marleau
- 4:30 PM Nicolas Doyon of Deux Saisons
- 6:00 PM The County Lads
We are thrilled this year to partner with the Kinsmen Club of the Cornwall for the Kinsmen In Motion Show and Shine as well as CoTiCon. These two events will extend from the Food Fest south to the Bandshell creating the largest on street event in the city this year and the only event that ties our beautiful waterfront to our downtown in one great event with music, food, shopping, and fun all day long!
The Cornwall Food Fest is a fundraiser for Beyond 21. Admission is a $2 bracelet with all proceeds going to Beyond 21. At Beyond 21 we partner with adults with a developmental disability to learn their dreams and help them gain the skills they need and make the connections they need in community to achieve their dreams. We are Dream Chasers! We currently support over 4000 participants throughout the year on their journey to achieving their dreams. All proceeds of this event go directly to programming for Beyond 21 participants. Join us on August 19th in the downtown and you can be a Dream Chaser too!
For more information please see: http://beyond21.org/site/cornwall-food-fest/
To Volunteer please contact Angela at email@example.com or 613.933.5505 / 4105