Join your neighbours throughout the City of Cornwall to participate in Trash to Treasure Day!
The event has been expanded to include:
- A community-wide yard sale on Saturday, August 24
- And the annual giveaway day on Sunday, August 25
How can I participate?
Start by saving the date!
If you’d like to participate in the yard sale or the giveaway day, click here to fill out a form to have your address added to the “Treasure Map!”
You can also follow the Facebook event to receive updates. Click here to visit the event page.
What is eligible to be included?
On the Trash to Treasure giveaway day, please do not set out mattresses, hazardous waste, or food.
What other rules should I be aware of?
If you have items remaining at the end of the community yard sale or giveaway day, please bring them back inside by 7 p.m.
What is Trash to Treasure Day?
Trash to Treasure Day is an opportunity for residents to share their gently used, unwanted household items with treasure hunters.
The goal is to reuse items rather than sending them to the landfill.
Trash to Treasure Day is a free event for the whole community!
I’d like to do more to reduce my waste! What else do you suggest?
- Mark your calendar for I Give A Shirt. This is your opportunity to donate gently used clothing to non-profit groups, simply by setting out bags of clothes on your regular waste collection day! This event takes place October 21 to 25.
- Learn how to be a better recycler by using the Recycle Coach app, or use the app on our website at www.Cornwall.ca/recyclecoach.
- Consider using fewer single-use plastics like grocery bags, produce bags, plastic utensils, straws, etc. Use a reusable water bottle or coffee mug.