I’m tired of lockdowns. I’m tired of wearing a mask. And, I’m tired of Covid altogether. But, that’s where it ends for me. I’m not part of a movement and I don’t need a movement to speak for me.
In my neighbourhood, I’m seeing these ugly little signs popping up on people’s lawns. NO MORE LOCKDOWNS they sternly proclaim.
As straightforward as these signs seem to be, what do they really mean? What are you trying to tell your neighbours?
When you put a “No More Lockdowns” sign on your front lawn, you may think your sign means “I’m tired of lockdowns”. Or “I’m sick of Covid”. Or “I am supporting local businesses”. Or maybe just “I’m scared and lonely”. As if anybody else likes lockdowns. Or anybody wants another year of Covid. As if putting a sign in your yard really supports local business. (Hint: we’re all a bit scared and lonely at this point).
In reality, by putting up this sign in your front yard you are aligning yourself with the multi-faceted anti-tyranny, anti-lockdown, anti-vax and anti-mainstream medicine protest movement and ALL their collective beliefs.
What this sign really says is:
- Covid is not real
- Masks don’t work and will harm you
- PCR tests have fake results
- You don’t believe hospitals are at risk of being overwhelmed (or you don’t care if they are?)
- Asymptomatic spread is not a real thing
- Covid is really just a cold or the flu
- 99.99% of all people with Covid recover and are just fine
- Sick people in videos are just actors
- The people who get Covid are all old or sick to begin with (and will die soon anyway)
- If you eat right your natural immunity is stronger than a virus
- Vaccines are just a way to microchip you (and keep track of you)
- Covid was manufactured in a lab and the world’s governments are working together to kill most of the populations on earth
- The Covid vaccines will harm you, kill you or sterilize you
- The government is trying to take away your freedom
- Getting sick is self-sabotage
- Opinions that are different from yours are probably communism
- Your local protesters are the new experts and know more than the world’s scientists and doctors
- You don’t listen to mainstream media anymore because they are part of the plot to kill or enslave humanity
If anything on the list above seems possibly untrue or a bit over the top then you might want to think about that innocent little sign on your front lawn.
Why? This sign is the product of a protest movement that includes: No More Lockdowns, Cornwall March for Freedom, Hugs Over Masks, The Line Canada, The Canadian Revolution, Stand 4 Thee, On Guard for Thee, Stand Up Canada and many more. This sign is an advertising campaign to spread their shared messages. The list above is a partial inventory of their collective beliefs. There is no way for anyone who sees your sign to know what parts you believe and what parts you don’t believe.
When you put up this sign you dismiss the efforts of all frontline workers and indicate that you are oblivious to the hard work of local doctors and nurses. By putting up this sign you align yourself with a very small minority in this community (roughly 0.319% of Cornwall inhabitants by my reckoning) who have little regard for the rest of the community.
The thing with putting up signs is not only what they say but what they imply in terms of your beliefs and your alliances.
Is this really what you want to say about yourself and your beliefs to your family, friends and neighbours?
If not, consider removing the sign. You can recycle the metal part.
And if that seems like too much of a statement, maybe go out at night and just trample it a bit so that in a week or two you can throw it out because it was broken. Nobody will know 🙂
Editor’s note: a percentage in this piece was previously miscalculated and printed as 0.003% when the actual number should have read 0.319%. This has been rectified.
Masks don’t work and will harm you (https://www.nomorelockdowns.ca/facts_vs_fears)
PCR tests have fake results (https://www.nomorelockdowns.ca/facts_vs_fears)
You don’t believe hospitals are at risk of being overwhelmed (or you don’t care if they are?) (https://www.nomorelockdowns.ca/facts_vs_fears)
Asymptomatic spread is not a real thing (https://www.nomorelockdowns.ca/facts_vs_fears)
You believe police enforcing measures is just “bad police” (https://www.nomorelockdowns.ca/report_bad_police)